Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Persistence of Memory

I would like to begin blogging with one of my favorites work of art, The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali. I am the kind of man who loves Art but still clings to the easier version, good old ancestor of the art, drawing stick figures. 

The first time I saw this art was in High school wall, where I passed by it but walked backward to see what I glimpsed over. The idea of a melting clock made me pause and left me the whole day to reflect upon what it all means. I later take a good lesson for myself, time, without discrimination is ticking, its melting in a rate so slow everyone realizes their Clock has fully melted when they are in their deathbed. Which to solidify my reflection, I was reminded of the quote by Tolstoy " The biggest surprise in a man's life is old age."

No comments:

Post a Comment